Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Parents Weekend at SFA!

This weekend is Parents Weekend at SFA!


Parents Weekend gives you an opportunity to show family and friends your new life here at SFA. Even if you have been here for a while, it’s always nice to see the rents. For me, it’s a comfort and reminder of a simpler time.


When I was a freshman my mom came up to see me. Truthfully, I was just getting to know the place and had no idea what to show her. BUT it was an especially exciting Parents Weekend that year because the Rec Center was to be unveiled for the first time. I still remember everyone’s eyes (myself included) getting wider as they began to take in how nice our facility is.


This year, football is hosting Lamar at 6 p.m. for a special Purple Out game. SAA will be distributing 3,000 FREE t-shirts, first come first serve. The goal is to have the entire stadium decked out in purple!


Hopefully, Campus Rec has become a part of your life like it has mine, and you will want to show it off to the people closest to you. Even if you’ve never stepped into the Rec before, this weekend is a great time to start.


Women’s Soccer Sport Club is hosting a match, and would love spectators! Sport Clubs are also always open to new members, so coming to the games would be a great opportunity for you to talk to them.


The following weakened Ruby, Men’s Soccer AND Women’s Soccer have home games.


Schedule of events:


Saturday September, 25:

Women’s Soccer vs San Antonio College 3 p.m.

Saturday October, 2:

Women’s Soccer vs Lamar 1 p.m.

Rugby vs University of Houston 2 p.m.

Men’s Soccer vs Texas Tech 5 p.m.

Sunday October, 3:

Women’s Soccer vs UTA 1 p.m.

Men’s Soccer vs. A&M 3:00 p.m.


STEP IT OUT CHALLENGE UPDATE: Well, considering my car needs a new transmission I have given a new meaning to stepping it out this week. Just walking from home to campus is a little over a mile, so by the end of a car less day I finally have the recommended amount of steps! Yay for me, sad for my car.


YOUR inside connection to Campus Rec- Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment