Friday, April 8, 2011

Empowerment Tip #21: Empower Yourself FINANCIALLY by becoming a certified lifeguard.

I normally despise this saying, but if I had a dime for every time someone complained to me about not having a job I would be one rich college student.

Blaming the economy only goes so far.

At some point, people need to grow up and take charge of their own destinies.

I’m not saying there are a plethora of jobs just lying around waiting to be filled, but I am saying that it’s time to take some initiative.

Do anything you can to help set yourself apart.

My father is a successful real-estate agent and one time he told me he hired someone that played instruments. Playing music was not part of the job description, but he said it showed that they were disciplined and coachable.

April 15-17 Campus Recreation is putting on an American Red Cross lifeguard certification class.

Participating in the class does not guarantee a lifeguard position, but it is a great start- especially with the summer approaching so quickly.

Each class is taught by a Certified American Red Cross Instructor and will include a lifeguarding manual, rescue mask and certification card.

The registration deadline for the course is Monday, April 11 so get up and make the decision to Empower Yourself through Campus Recreation!

YOUR inside connection to Campus Rec- Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment