Thursday, November 1, 2012

Why do we like working at the Rec Center?



Although I’ve only been here for little over half a semester, this place has already had a huge impact on my life. I’ve learned great skills and tried things that I never saw myself doing. I wondered if others here felt the same way. Why do we like working at the Rec?

Jake K. – “The Staff here is really great and you get to interact with the players in sports clubs and intramurals.”

Jordon R. – “The Rec Center has a welcoming environment.”

Zach W. – “It allows me to be involved with the student community.”

Cody K. – “There’s always something different when I come to work. The students here enjoy what they’re doing. You can tell it’s their choice to be here and not because they have to be here.”

Ken M. – “It’s very social, great people and great staff.”

Ethan S. – “There’s a lot of opportunities for student development to prepare you for the real world experience.”

Lili M – “I have the opportunity to be the person that makes someone’s day when they enter or leave the facilities.”
 
Steve D. – “This is where dreams come true.”

Kati V. D. – “I get to learn something new every day.”

Ashley M. “Because I get to work with the great people at the Admin desk.”

Katherine R. – “Everyone here is fun and up beat. It’s such a positive experience.”

Manny B. – “It’s a fun environment.”

 
Parker L. “I like that it’s student staffed and it’s not as stressful as most other jobs offered.”

Joseph S. – “The Rec gives you the tools to be your own boss.”

Craig W. – “I like the many people you get to know and become friends with.”


 

Torree R. – “I'm here all the time anyways, so why not get paid for it. It is where all my friends are, and I love the environment!”

Nana A. – “It's a pretty chill job, plus you learn a lot.”

Brandon B. – “It's a cool place, I love to help people, and it stains an imprint on my soul which makes me a better person.”

Ryan W. – “Because it’s the best place at SFA. Shout to Outdoor Pursuits!”

Bethany W. – “I like how my interests were able to fit my job. I can meet people that have the same interests and get to teach people about the outdoors.”  

 

Come join the experience! The Rec Center is having a job fair November 7th between 3p.m.-6p.m. at the Rec lobby. Come professionally dressed and bring your resumes. Also, be prepared for an on-site interview.


To learn about the different program areas (Aquatics, Fitness & Wellness, Intramural Sports, Outdoor Pursuits, Sport Clubs) that you could be involved in, visit our website:

 

 

http://www.sfasu.edu/campusrec/




-News Reel from yo boy D.Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment