Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Mountain Biking Experience





 Mountain Biking
  -->

Last weekend I mustered a little courage and took on SFA’s mountain bike trail. I could tell this day was special because it wasn’t a hundred degrees outside. It was in the mid 80’s, the perfect weather for mountain biking. I went with a small group of co-workers to get some footage of us biking the trail. A normal person would have first asked the group if there were any basics I needed to go over before we headed out on the trail. The basics are always a good starting point. No, I was feeling too confident to ask such silly questions. When I first got on the bike I realized how long ago since my last ride. After some wobbling, I gained control and regained confidence. We were able to get some great footage of the trip.

-->

Now, I’m not going to lie to you guys, I ate a lot of dirt that day. Besides that, I only ran into three trees; which isn’t too bad. Now I know that you should not use the front brakes when going down hill and it’s a whole a lot easier to pedal if you’re in a lower gear (the basics). Sure, I came out with some scrapes and cuts all over my body, but it was worth it. Not because I got great exercise or I learned more about mountain biking or even because I spent good quality time with my co-workers. 

It’s because I can now brag to my friends that I’m a mountain biker, and that makes it all worth it in the end.




 If you are interested in mountain biking and you don’t have a bike, just make a visit to the Outdoor Pursuits office located in the Student Rec Center. You can rent a Trek 6000 mountain bike for $7 on weekdays or $14 on weekends. For more information on mountain biking in East Texas or cool stuff you can rent, visit the Outdoor Center or call 936.468.6234

-->
- The News Reel from your boy D.Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment