Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ab-tastic!

On Sunday when I was planning out my week, I decided my exercise plan needed a little more discipline.


Some of my days are so hectic that I literally have something scheduled for every hour. I just can’t seem to get into a solid workout routine. It has proven difficult for me to follow through with a scheduled personal workout so I thought I’d try enlisting the help of others.


I looked at the Campus Rec Group Exercise schedule in hopes of finding a class that fits my needs. Sure enough, Abs for Lunch from 12:15-12:45 MWF works perfectly.


I wrote the class in my planner as a scheduled part of my day so I couldn’t pretend like I hadn’t thought about going to it.


It may have been a bit of mental trickery, but hey, it worked! I made it to the class.


The result? Abs for Lunch has a new fan. Loud techno music and a knowledgeable instructor got me in the zone.


30 straight minutes of abs is probably more than I have done in my whole life, but I got through it. Plus, some of the exercises we did worked out more than just the tummy.

There was leg, arm and cardio work mixed in too.


The instructor was really nice and walked around the room giving everyone tips. I found that helpful because I know it is easy to hurt your neck or back attempting ab exercises.


After the class I felt great for the rest of the day. So what if I have to have someone make me do it—a workout is a workout!


For a full list of Group Exercise classes, go to www.sfasu.edu/campusrec and click on “Group X Session II Schedule” on the right hand side of the homepage. Or of course you can pick up a paper copy inside the Rec.


Have a great day!


YOUR inside connection to Campus Rec- Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment