Thursday, May 20, 2010

Campus Rec blog revamped!

Summer is upon us so why not use the extra time to get moving? I don’t know about you but the summer heat gets me motivated to come to Campus Rec and break a sweat. My name is Stephanie and I am a senior at SFA. You may recognize me from my starring role in the job fair flyer. I will be taking over the blog and giving you a VIP pass to Campus Recreation. I will dive head first into the events and activities Campus Rec has to offer and report back to you on my experiences.



You might see me around campus in my usual athletic attire- but don’t let my Nikes fool you. I haven’t played a real sport since I lost in the first round of regional tennis doubles my senior year of high school. Therefore, my ventures in Campus Rec activities promise to be interesting. Don’t get me wrong, I work out now and then but my maybe-once-a-week workout is nothing compared to what Campus Rec has in store for me.

This summer I will attend group exercise classes such as “boot camp,” that I have previously avoided based on the title. I will also explore the Outdoor Pursuits division of Campus Rec, and participate in adventures I never thought I would have the guts to attempt. In the fall, I will be making my first ever intramural sports appearance. Luckily, my co-worker and accomplice, Lauren, will be accompanying me on activities I am too chicken to try alone. She will also be filling in for me while I am on vacation in June. Below are the Campus Rec Maymester hours just to keep you all in the loop.

Expect to hear from me once a week throughout the duration of the summer, and twice weekly beginning in the fall. Remember, I am YOUR personal pass to Campus Rec- so laugh at my experiences, gain information, and feel free to leave comments or ask me questions! If I can’t answer it, I will find someone who can.

Check me out next week to discover an unconventional workout that rocks!

YOUR inside connection to Campus Recreation- Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment